Monday, November 10, 2008

I Love the Fall

We are having some great fall weather here in Colorado. I'm probably jinxing it but we haven't even had snow yet. There have been some brisk days but nothing too drastic considering we are nearly in the middle of November. Plus, snow makes for long commutes so that's another reason to just be grateful for this great weather! This post is going to be a random compilation of pictures I've taken over the last few weeks. I'm going to try this format instead of a slide show and see how it goes.

First is a funny picture of Nyah eating some chocolate pudding. She absolutely loved it! We need to try that again soon because it was too cute.



This is just a cute picture of her in her new hat I found. The new style must be hats because there was a hat for each outfit at Babies R Us! What a cutie.


The next couple are of Nyah and I enjoying the weather outside a few weeks ago while we were waiting for Ryan to come home from helping with an Eagle Scout Service Project.

Now on to Halloween. We decided to buy a pumpkin this year and thought it would be interesting to see if Nyah would want to participate in the carving of the pumpkin. Turns out she thought it was too slimy but enjoyed being part of the fun as long as she could use a spoon. :) Ryan was taking pictures but the pumpkin carving was actually his idea. Nyah has her eyes closed in this picture - maybe she takes after her Grandma. :)



I don't think Nyah really understood the whole concept of trying to get candy but she still had fun. We mostly just hung out and handed out candy and waited for the neighbors to come to us. Nyah didn't really want to pose in her Dorothy costume so we had to get the pictures of her "on the run". She did like having a basket with Toto in it though because it gave her something to use to carry around her juice and snacks. :) We did teach her to say "Toto" so she said that instead of "Trick or Treat". We even went to Ryan's office. You will see that she has socks underneath her tights. That's because I could only find red, glittery shoes that were a 1/2 size too big. Poor girl. She shuffled around at the ward Halloween party so I smartened up and put on the socks with her tights for Halloween night. :)


Unloading her juice and snacks....

This is Nyah with her silly smile.

We hope all is going well for all of you and that you are enjoying the fall as much as we are!

7 comments:

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

Those were really cute pictures! I love her in her hat. I can't believe she would keep it on. And never in my life have a seen a cuter Dorothy! Have a good day!

Shari Baker said...

She is so funny! I really do love her Dorothy costume. That hat is great! I wish I could get away with wearing one like that. Thanks for the update!

Shanda said...

Fall has been great here, and I absolutely LOVE her in that Dorothy costume!!! SO CUTE!!

Heather said...

Oh my heck, Nyah is so adorable! I love the Dorthy costume. So, I didn't know you had a family blog- I was only getting your jogging blog. So, your mom gave me this blog address today and I thought I would check it out. What cute pictures! I will add your blog to my list so I can check it out more often to see what little Nyah is up to. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! She is too cute. I'll fwd Gunner's Halloween pix.

Anonymous said...

DARLING GIRL...and pictures to prove it! THANKS for sharing!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is so beatiful! You make such a cute family. Hope everything is going well. Love you guys!