So no pictures today but I thought I would share some of the new things Nyah is doing. She helps unload the dishwasher. She takes all of the plates and the bowls from the bottom rack and stacks them on the end of the dishwasher. It is so cute. I'm going to have to get it on video one of these days. I can't believe how big she is getting. :) My mom asked if she's careful and I would say she is very careful (as careful as a 1 1/2 year old can be). There have been a couple of times where I've been glad it's Corelle.
She is doing the actions to lots of songs these days (Eensy Weensy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, Slippery Fish, etc.) so that's been fun to see. She is also a crack up as she sings E-I-E-I-O in Old McDonald. It's more like E-I-O but very cute.
Nyah will say "uno" and "dos" which is different than in English because every time I say "one" she just says "two". I can't get her to say "one". Funny girl. I also tell her all the time that she is "bella" (beautiful) and she'll repeat that after me. So we are working on our Spanish skills. At her little school they are starting a program with Mandarin Chinese and I just think that's funny. Spanish seems much more practical to me so hopefully they'll do both. You know me, I'm all about what's practical.
Well that was just a little bit of an update on Nyah. She continues to learn new words and loves to play with her toys. As we go upstairs at night she waves and says "bye bye toys". The word "toys" isn't super clear but distinctive none the less.
Adios!
4 comments:
You are a practical one - me too. I think we're going to work on sign language. My Spanish is no good.
She is SO cute! I can't wait to see you guys again at Christmas time. It sounds like your visit is going to be shorter than originally planned. :( She definitely needs to learn spanish, but mandarin would be awesome too. Sister Liu speaks Mandarin and so I learned a few words. Fun update! Thanks!
Hallie helps unload the dishwasher as well, I think she likes it because we are dispersing items, not gathering...you know how she is. Nyah is an amazing talker, perhaps she can teach Hallie a few things while she is here. Speaking of which, I had not heard your trip was being shortened, what's the deal? :(
I love to hear the grandchildrens new language skills! However, parents always have the advantage to understanding it-with their daily interaction. You've got a smart little one! I'm ANXIOUS to see you over the Christmas holiday!
Much love, Aunt Julene
Post a Comment