Sunday, January 2, 2011

Summer Camping Trip (August 27-28)

Nyah loves camping and kept telling us "once Ryker is born and is older, can we go camping?"  So we decided to try it out for one night the end of this summer and it went really well.  We were lucky to end up with a camping spot. At the campground we chose, the spots are apparently reserved months in advance.  I guess it's not really like the camping situation in Idaho. :)  Now we know.  Anyway, we just stayed the one night and both of the kids did great.  We went to Golden Canyon State Park and it was beautiful.  Plus, there were flush toilets and even showers.  That is my kind of camping!  You will see from one of the pictures that Nyah had an "incident".  She was running with Toby and tripped...  Luckily she didn't get hurt too bad since we were so far from a hospital.  Then it was hilarious to see what she did to her "owie" the next day during nap time.







5 comments:

Heather said...

This makes me want to go camping. It's such a great family activity. I love how Ryker is looking up at the trees. That's my favorite thing about taking babies camping- they're so fascinated with the tall trees.

Shari Baker said...

How fun. I'm glad Nyah enjoys camping. It's certainly a fun and cheap vacation! I love the band-aid on her nose. What a character! Only 5 days 'til I see you!

Connie G. said...

Such cute little kiddos! I can't believe that was Nyah's first haircut. How exciting!

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

I really do love blogs so I am glad some of you still update! I have gathered together a few toys from my basement which belong to you. :) I will send them on their way soon! Love you! I hope your trip home was okay. I already miss you guys.

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

P.S. Hallie cried the ENTIRE way home last night because her friends were leaving and she wasn't going to see them again "forever".