Saturday, July 24, 2010

How about you pick?

Here are some funny things Nyah is saying these days...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1 - Here's how a typical conversation goes:

Me:  "Nyah, what would you like to eat for breakfast?"

Nyah:  "How about macaroni and cheese?"

Me:  "Not for breakfast.  Pick something else."

Nyah:  "How about noodles?"

Me:  "Not for breakfast."

Nyah:  "How about you pick for me?"

So it's basically like she's thinking, "Why are you asking me what I want if you aren't going to let me decide anyway?  Why don't you just choose?". We have had similar conversations in different situations. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2 - "We're out of blueberry yogurt.  Unbelievable."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#3 - Nyah:  "Daddy, will you take me to sushi when I'm older?"

Ryan:  "Yes, Nyah."

Nyah: "But I need to be much older".

I really need to start making a list of everything she wants to do when she's older because there are so many things.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#4 - Me: "I'm going to kill Toby".  (I'm saying this in frustration because he keeps jumping against the house and the sliding glass door.)

Nyah: "But then we won't have a dog".  A few minutes later she says, "How are you going to kill him?"

Me:  "I'm not really going to kill him."

Nyah:  "Oh, you're just kidding me!"

What a kiddo.  We sure love all the cute things she says.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Great idea to note the cute things she's saying now - will have to remember to do that myself.

Shari Baker said...

She's SO funny. Can't wait to see all of you in 4 days!

Anonymous said...

Nyah's comments about Toby CRACKED ME UP! She is such a funny, funny girl. I love your new blog. Super cute. And to think that you don't consider yourself creative! Love you! Jana

Sarah said...

I love it! These conversations crack me up - the Toby one especially :)

Anonymous said...

SURELY DO WISH WE LIVED CLOSER...Nyah IS SUCH A DARLING GIRL!!! I LOVED these conversations - she is a THINKER, for sure! I SO ENJOYED the little bit of time we had together...wish it could have been longer! It was FUN playing w/Nyah at the park! GREAT to meet Ryker, A DARLING BOY! I'm SO GLAD that this time at home has brought you more sleep & overall more relaxation (compared to working full-time & doing it besides). MUCH LOVE!