Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grandma, Birthday Celebration, and Updated Pix of Ryker

So Grandma Marilyn didn't get to spend as much time with Ryker as she had anticipated.  This was due to him being born 6 days after she got here and the additional time we spent at the hospital.  Below is a picture of her doing what she loves the most - holding little babies.... 



We were still at the hospital on Mom's birthday so here is a picture of us celebrating her birthday.  As you can see Nyah loves birthdays and you will also notice Mom holding Ryker again. :)


Another picture of Ryker...

Mom and Nyah spent a lot of time together and by the end of the trip, Nyah thought Grandma Marilyn should do everything with her. :)  I love this picture of the two of them.  Plus Nyah learned some things from Grandma while she was here.  She now thinks she needs a hot pad if her bowl is too hot so she doesn't hurt the table.  One day I told Nyah she pulled her skirt up too high and she told me, "Grandma taught me that".  Too funny...  All joking aside, I really want to say how much I appreciated Mom taking care of Nyah so we could focus on Ryker while he was in the hospital.  I know she wasn't planning on being in charge of nap time, bedtime, meal time, etc on her own but it was a huge help to us.  THANKS!
 

More pictures of our cute little boy (not that I'm biased or anything)..


These are pictures when he was two weeks old.  He is growing up way too fast already!!


5 comments:

justmecassi said...

He is so cute Anna Karina! Congratulations!!

Shari Baker said...

Fun update! He's growing up too fast! Can't wait to see you...only 13 days! Love you!

Robyn said...

Cute pics! I agree - they grow up far too fast - where does the time go?

cmuser said...

He's adorable! So glad your mom was able to visit! The part about the hot pad made me laugh and laugh. It reminded me of something Grandma Pincock (and my own mom, for that matter) would have done :) - Danette

Anonymous said...

SUCH A DARLING BOY...JUST WHAT I EXPECTED! I LOVED seeing more pictures of him, my CUTE sister (Marilyn his Grandma), Nyah & you!!