Lisa, Jordan, and Hallie got here early Monday morning so they were here to celebrate with us since the "fire pops" were rescheduled for Monday. This was good fortune for Lisa and Jordan but not Hallie since she isn't a big fan of them. It was funny that when the fireworks started there was actually a tree in the way (you will have to find out more of that story from Lisa or Jordan) but we quickly moved and had a good view of them. Here are some pictures of us before they started. It's actually funny because Nyah looks scared to death but she actually loved them...
Then I took advantage of Lisa's expertise bathing babies and we gave Ryker his first official bath while she was here since his umbilical cord finally fell off. You can see Hallie and Nyah both wanted to be very involved in the process as well - always such big "helpers".
Hallie and Nyah have an interesting relationship. They get along great until they decide they both want the same toy or they are tired and decide they want the opposite of what the other one wants (one wants the door open so the other wants it closed, etc.) Below is a picture when they decided to get in trouble together. Nyah wanted to put her swimming suit on and I told her no because I didn't want her playing in the water right then. So the result is below....
Two very wet little girls in all of their clothes....
We were so glad Lisa, Jordan, and Hallie came to visit and I loved spending all day every day with them since I don't have work!! I could get really used to this "not working thing"...
This picture below is funny because about two seconds before this, they were totally fighting. At least they are quick to forgive and forget.
Thanks for coming to visit Lisa, Jordan, and Hallie. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. :)
5 comments:
We had so much fun! Thanks for everything (except for that last picture of me holding Ryker...definitely not very photogenic am I)! We love you guys. :)
I LOVED this blog, all the great pictures & commentary - DOES SOUND LIKE FUN TIMES! I liked seeing the more current pictures of Ryker & the 4 of you at the "fire pops" (CUTE accurate term). We were in ID last weekend & your Mom said that you plan to go to ID before returning to work...I told her to let me know, so that we can hopefully go that same weekend. I got your AWESOME thank you note yesterday...you're ON TOP of things, with it arriving on Ryker's one month birthday! We won't be able to travel to see you for Ryker's blessing day...I teach that day in R.S. Also, we're really trying to focus on our remodel - the new kitchen cupboards were delivered on 7-12 (into the garage) as we weren't ready for them to be installed. Yes, we are still painting the kitchen, etc. We're experiencing different CHALLENGES. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON! THANKS for this SUPER update! Much love XO :)
Wow, you guys sure know how to have fun. I LOVE Nyah and Hallie's relationship together. Haha, they sound like sisters :). I can't believe how big Ryker is too! I'm glad you guys are doing so well.
Wow, you guys sure know how to have fun. I LOVE Nyah and Hallie's relationship together. Haha, they sound like sisters :). I can't believe how big Ryker is too! I'm glad you guys are doing so well.
SO FUN that your family comes out to visit you so often (at least it seems like that- but I'm sure the time goes by slowly for you...) You've been busy with that little guy- Ryker is SO CUTE! Loved reading these posts and seeing A Marilyn so happy holding the baby! Solomon said, "How come she looks like our Ga?" (or something like that- HILARIOUS!- I explained...)
Post a Comment