Friday, April 16, 2010

Nyah's 3rd Birthday

I can't believe Nyah is already 3 years old. The time has just passed too quickly and I don't like to even think about it. She is such a smart little girl and makes us laugh all of the time. Here are a few of the many fun and new things she's doing:

  • She knows an amazing number of nursery rhymes. I must admit most of this comes from one of her teachers, Ms. Diane. She goes from Hey Diddle Diddle to Humpty Dumpty to Little Miss Muffet. I can't believe how quickly she catches on.

  • She loves to sing. She is always singing songs for us and they range from "I Had a Little Turtle" to "Popcorn Popping" to "Baa Baa Black Sheep". I love hearing her sing. There is even a song Ryan plays in the car all the time by "Boxcar Racer" and she has managed to memorize lots of those words as well.

  • She loves to talk. She has so much to tell us. The other day we got home and I seriously think she talked for over a half hour straight. She went from topic to topic with very little time to stop and think in between, I love it.

  • She is so excited for her baby brother and to be a "big, big sister". She tells people I have a baby and a baby brother in my tummy and I'm just grateful they are one in the same. :)

  • Nyah tells you exactly how it is. The other day she pointed to my belly button and asked what it was. When I told her it was my belly button, she informed me it's in the wrong spot (It should be under my belly according to her) and that there's no hole.

  • She's a daddy's girl and I love to watch the two of them interact.

  • She is 37 1/4" tall and 33 pounds. She is in the 50th percentile in height and 75th percentile in weight. She has only gained about four pounds this whole year.

  • Nyah has an amazing amount of energy. She can just run and run forever.

  • She loves to ride her tricycle (very fast I might add).

  • She loves tumble time.

  • Nyah loves to be outside whether that's at the park, playing on her swing set, or just blowing bubbles and using sidewalk chalk. She loves it.

  • Nyah loves to boss Toby around and it's amazing how well he actually listens to her. She is one of the only people he will let win at a game of "Tug of War".

  • She can count to 13 and knows her ABC's.

  • She has lots of opinions and is a very determined little girl.

  • She has compassion and really wants to nurture those around her. I told her Grandpa Grandpa had broken his hand and she looked at me and said, "That's so sad". Then she asked me how it happened and said, "He needs to be careful".

So I had to take the following picture because this is the only baking I did for her birthday. She wanted to take pink cupcakes to school to share with her friends so that's what we did.

Then we were trying to decide what she would like to do for her birthday. She is always telling us she wants to go to the "Monkey Bizness" by our house. That's the name of a business where kids go to play here in Denver and that is also what she calls the McDonald's. She had never played on the toys so we decided to give that a try and she absolutely loved it! She played for hours and had the time of her life. I didn't realize quite how much it was snowing until we left the restaurant and there was about five inches of snow. The good news is McDonald's wasn't very busy due to the blizzard. You will see some pictures of Ryan and I in the pictures (on the toys with her). I went through once but told her she would need to wait for her baby brother to be born before I try that again. It was a lot of work!





Next we went back home to open presents and have cake. That was a great bribe to get her to happily leave McDonald's. :) She loves opening presents. Every time we order something in the mail, she has to be the one to open it.



Ryan and Nyah checking out her new lego set.

Baby stroller and car seat she got for her baby that she has hardly stopped playing with and hauling around ever since.

Nyah with her cake. I decided Dairy Queen does such a good job that I would let them take care of decorating the cake this year. She picked Mickey Mouse and the ice cream cake was yummy. You also see Nyah sampling the cake before we could even get candles in it. She was a big fan of the purple frosting.



Even though it was totally late at this point, you can see our happy little girl below. I love her smile and laughter and am so grateful we have been blessed to have her in our family for the last 3 years. We love this little girl (our cutie patutie) so much.

6 comments:

Shari Baker said...

I can't believe she's 3! Loved the update of all the fun things Nyah does right now. She really is such a fun, smart little girl. Her Lego set looks like it's a blast. Cupcakes look great and so funny that Nyah dipped into the frosting early...a girl after my own heart. Love you!

Heather said...

Wow, she is getting so old. She sounds like such a fun little girl. I wish we lived closer so that I could have some ice cream cake too- it's my favorite! Happy Birthday Nyah!

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

I haven't been on the computer since we left Denver so it was fun to get TWO new posts! Thanks for doing so well keeping you blog updated, I love it! We love you guys!

Creighton said...

What a doll! And such a fun age :) Happy Birthday Nyah! And this is Melissa

A said...

I agree, I ALWAYS let someone else make my cakes. They do such a nice job and lets be honest, they usually taste better!

Anonymous said...

Nyah is INDEED a SMART, DARLING & VERY TALENTED 3 year old!!! JUST KEEP ENJOYING, ENJOYING, ENJOYING because as you now know time flies!