The relay was 188 miles from Logan to Park City. This is the second year we've done it. Our van consisted of Ryan, Cindy Austin, Tom Mortimer, myself, Lisa, and Cory Briscoe with Dad as our driver. The other van was Andrea, her dad - DuWayne, her sister - Kelsey, John Bilquist, Josh Hill, and Jordan. It's sad that we don't get to see the people in the other van very often so it was fun that it got mixed up a bit this year from last year.
The training can get a little demanding at times but the actual event is a lot of fun. We started Friday at 11:30 and ended 31 1/2 hours later. At the end of the race it was pouring rain and poor Lisa and Cory (the last two runners) definitely had some tough runs in the rain and it was cold by then as well. I didn't envy them a bit. You will see from my picture that I was grateful to be done after I had completed each of my legs. I also need to thank Mom, Shari, and Aaron who took care of Nyah so Ryan and I could both run. Thanks! I "borrowed" the pictures below from an amazing journal Cindy and Andrea put together. I think Shari has more pictures so I might end up editing this post and adding those as well. :)





1 comment:
I was HOPING to read more info about this amazing relay that YOU ran & see some pictures...THANKS! It was SO VERY FUN to see several of you the evening that you finished! OH, THE MEMORIES!
Post a Comment