This was last night:
Ryan - "Nyah it's time for bed."
Nyah - "Not yet"
Ryan - "When is it going to be time for bed?"
Nyah - "Tuesday"
A conversation with Nyah a few weeks ago:
Me - "Nyah are you happy?"
Nyah - "No."
Me - "Why not?"
Nyah - "I tired."
Me - "Maybe we should go home and go to bed then."
Nyah - "No, I not tired."
Amazing how quick they pick up on things!
A week ago we were going swimming and so I went upstairs to get Nyah's little innertube. She informed me the first one I picked up was "Hallie's". That must be the one Hallie used last time she was here. Then she went downstairs and told Ryan, "Hallie's coming." And Ryan said, "Oh yeah, when?" and Nyah responds with "Tuesday". I guess Tuesday is her new response to questions. What a funny girl!
Then last Friday we were having the missionaries over for dinner and I said to Nyah, "Guess who's coming over for dinner - the missionaires." Nyah said, "Aunt Jana?!" I told her I wish it was Aunt Jana but how cute that the first thing that comes to her mind when she hears the word "missionaries" is Aunt Jana. I'm sure Nyah can't remember Jana since she was only about a year old when she left but we show her pictures of Jana so she knows who she is. :)
We love hearing all the new things she has to say. What an adventure!
5 comments:
She's SO smart! And she definitely picks up on things quickly. I think it's great that she associates that innter tube with Hallie. She's so great. I can't wait to see you. I wish I could see you on "Tuesday".
She is so precious! I bet she keeps you guys laughing.
She makes me laugh! I was just thinking that I can't believe how much she is talking since I last saw her, but then I realized I don't think we have seen you guys since about February--is that right? Of course she is talking a lot more. We are definitely due for a visit. When will you be here for Ragnar?
How cute! I love the thing kids say! And I'm so glad we're going to get to see you at the reunion!!
This post actually brought tears to my eyes...KIDS ARE THE BEST!!!!!
Post a Comment