A lot has happened since I blogged last. There have been a lot of fun times and I can't believe summer is basically over.
Following is a little about the pictures I've put in the slideshow.
When Ryan was working in the yard Nyah wanted lots of wheelbarrow rides and that was really cute. Then we went swimming at the rec center so you will see some pictures of her and Ryan swimming and hanging out. We went to the rec center with Grandma and Grandpa this weekend and Grandma didn't think the water was very warm so maybe we are just a little wishful in our thinking since we had convinced ourselves it was so much warmer. It was fun to go to the pool together though.
I'm including a picture of Nyah sitting at the computer. She knows exactly how to use a mouse and sits up there like the biggest girl. It's crazy how fast she is growing up. There is also one where she is smiling a cheesy grin. If I say, "show me your smilies" she does a big old grin. I love it.
Ryan's birthday was the 31st so he was 31 on the 31st. I wrote him a list of the 31 things I love about him. Here is the list. If he tells me not to put it on, I'll hurry and take it off but it just shows how great he is. There is a picture of Ryan opening a birthday card (since he only wants money) with Nyah sitting on his lap. I had to work a bunch of the day on his birthday but he was a good sport about it.
These are just 31 of the many things I love about you.
I Love…
1. How much you love Nyah and how much she loves you
2. Your ability to learn new things (finish the basement, install the water softener, etc…)
3. Your smile
4. Your willingness to help out around the house
5. Your understanding when I have to put in way too many hours at work
6. That you’re a softy and I get to see you cry every once in a while
7. That you’re a perfectionist and type A personality and don’t see it
8. Your out-going personality
9. How you look out for the “underdog” and make sure everybody is included
10. How you are competitive and give all of us competitive Pincocks a run for our money
11. Your patience with Nyah when she does things she shouldn’t
12. How Nyah has you wrapped around her little finger and gets nearly everything she wants
13. How you humor me when you know I’m not super comfortable in the water and pull me back in the raft practically before I figure out I’ve fallen out.
14. That you ran in the Ragnar relay with me because you knew I wanted you to
15. How you support me in everything I do (running, work, church stuff, etc.)
16. Your passion for life
17. That you’re one of the first ones to pitch in and give service when needed
18. How you are about the only guy I know who is willing to ask for directions (before they’ve already been lost for hours)
19. Your loyalty to friends and family (helping finish basements even if the favors don’t always get returned)
20. That you keep your promises
21. That your young men absolutely love you and look up to you
22. Your patience with me when I run over a 4x4 in the middle of the road on the way to Idaho and you have to change a tire at 1:00 a.m. next to the freeway
23. Your open-mindedness with new ideas
24. Your knowledge of what is happening in the world around us and keeping me up to speed (when did the DNC end?)
25. All of your efforts to make me smile and laugh
26. That you are a “yellow” and can figure out how to have fun in life and still get things done (your red side)
27. Watching you read stories and play with Nyah
28. Your understanding and comfort you give me when I wake you up in the middle of the night whether it’s a leg cramp during pregnancy or just a bad dream
29. Your hugs
30. That you can do Nyah’s hair about as well as I can
31. That I’m lucky enough to have you as my husband and best friend!
We didn't do much for Labor day since I was working because we had our computer conversion at work that weekend. That's over though now so we're grateful.
Then this last weekend Grandma and Grandpa (Mom and Dad) came to Denver. It was fun to spend some time with them as they were reacquainted with Nyah. It's amazing how much little ones forget in a couple of months. It just so happened there was a grandparents' luncheon at Nyah's school so we went to that on Friday. You will see the picture of all three of them sitting on really little chairs. It was great and they got to meet Nyah's teacher. On Friday we also went to story time at the library for a few minutes and then we went swimming that evening at the rec center.
Saturday we went to the zoo and that was lots of fun. We were there for over 4 hours and Nyah had a blast. Nyah got to feed the giraffes and she absolutely loved that. She was super concerned when one of the elephants went inside. She kept saying, "oh no". It was funny. We also went on a carousel ride. She was a bit concerned in the beginning but ended up loving it. One of Nyah's favorite parts of the zoo were the peacocks that were just wandering around, she had good times trying to catch them. We're glad Grandma had the idea to go to the zoo. Good times.
Then on Sunday we went to church and then after nap time we went to the park by the library. Grandma and Grandpa saw the toys Lisa used to spin Jana until she was sick she was so dizzy. Nyah loves the slide and then you will see what happened when she went in the water. She just kept going back for more though. We were so glad Grandma and Grandpa were able to come. Nyah was saying something that resembled Grandma/pa by the end of their trip. If you ask her to say "grandma" and then ask her to say "grandpa" the result sounds the same. It was fun to spend the weekend having fun and just enjoying each other's company. You are all welcome any time!
We also bought a new water softener and Nyah has had so much fun with the box that we haven't thrown it away yet. Fun! The final pictures are of Nyah and her new trike that came in the mail today. She absolutely loves it and she doesn't ever want to get off. You can imagine how that goes. She can't quite reach the pedals but we have some ideas from Grandma....
Well that was a long update. Just think of it as being the 3 or 4 updates it really should have been.




5 comments:
What a Fun Update! It looks like you guys had tons of fun while Mom and Dad were in Denver. Nyah is SO Cute!!! So many of those pictures are priceless. I love the one of her in the wheelbarrow especially. So Adorable! Thanks for sharing your fun times with me. I'm impressed with how fast you got the weekend blogged...
Looks like you've had such a fun summer! The pictures of Nyah are beyond adorable! I'm so glad your parents got to go visit you - I can tell you had a blast!
Hey Anna Karina (and Ryan, though does he ever even look at this?)! I looked at all of the slides in your slide show like three times through--I love Nyah's on demand smile! You had tons of cute pics, but I had to laugh out loud at Nyah face down in the water and her eating the Twinkie, totally priceless. Does she seriously know what to do with the computer mouse? Amazing. The comment about me spinning Jana on the toy cracked me up, I had totally forgotten about that! Poor girl really was so sick afterwards! Oh I miss her! That reminded me of when Mom and I were in I.F. for Whittney's baby shower. McKenna (Travis and Heather's girl) ended up in one of those little tea cup things that you guys also have at your park. Anyway, she was playing by herself when all of the sudden we hear her yelling for HELP. She had started spinning and couldn't stop, it was pretty funny as well if you can imagine. So...I am missing you guys too, should we come to Denver? Oh, and that was such a good list you made of the 31 things you love about Ryan--tell Ryan I like him a lot more now. J/K
I loved all the pictures and seeing what you guys have been up to- Nyah is seriously SO ADORABLE!!
THANK GOODNESS FOR GREAT BLOGS...I SURELY DO THINK THEY ARE AN AWESOME WAY TO KEEP IN TOUCH! Hope you are doing great! Love,
Aunt Julene
Post a Comment