Sunday, October 12, 2008

October and Fall is Officially Here

We have had some fun times over the last month that I can't wait to share. We went to Utah the last weekend in September for Emily's baptism (Adonia's daughter). We hadn't seen them since last November so that was fun. Kaiden and Nyah had fun playing together. Emily's baptism was very nice and we're proud of her for her decision. :)

Nyah did great in the car. We wondered how it would go but she was a trooper. We did quite a bit of entertaining with songs, coloring, reading books, etc. but she did well considering it was about an 8-hour drive each way.

We also took Nyah to Elitch Gardens a weekend during September. It was 1/2 price on the admission that weekend so we decided to give it a try. There weren't tons of rides she could go on but probably around ten. She had fun on all of them except the tilt-a-whirl and we will know not to try that again. She survived but definitely wasn't impressed as it was spinning around. She had a "death grip" on Ryan and me. They have a big play area where they can climb and go down slides and she loved that. She wasn't a huge fan of the ferris wheel because the loading and unloading process is less action than she prefers.

Nyah is 18 months old now and really starting to talk quite a bit. On the way to Utah we counted and came up with about 30 words she can say. She is running and just loves to play. She is getting to be very independent and starting to express her opinions.

Shari, Lisa, and Hallie also came and visited us last weekend. We are going to write more on that next time after we get some pictures. I did awful taking pictures that weekend and am begging Shari and Lisa to share their pictures. :)

We hope all is going well for all of you!




5 comments:

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

Hey Anna Karina! I just e-mailed you the pictures I have from while we were there. Thank you for the updated blog. I noticed Nyah's little blue dress in the post, it does remind me of the one I got for Hallie. I hope you have a really good day off. Talk to you later.

Dawna said...

Nyah is getting so big! She really is adorable!!

Shari Baker said...

Fun Post! Nyah is so much fun and I really enjoyed the time I spent there. I took a TON of pictures while I was there. Do you want me to email all of them? or should I pick my favorites and send them? Let me know. Love you!

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

I love your new background. :)

Shari Baker said...

Wow, look at you being all fancy! Impressive. Love it!