Thursday, August 21, 2008

Busy Couple of Weeks

Well it's been busy the last couple of weeks. Work has been too busy so I'm looking forward to the conversion happening in less than two weeks so life can get back to normal. :) I didn't have work today because I'm working tomorrow instead. I'm going to do a slide show since I haven't done one for a while.


So here are some explanations of the pictures in the slide show. Nyah loves her Nalgene with juice in it these days. She wants to take it with her all the time so you will see that in many of the pictures. You will also see her really enjoying her dinner in one of these pictures. I told Ryan that if we invited company over that didn't have little kids, they might actually lose their appetite seeing Nyah eat. It's quite the messy situation these days. You will also see a pink gerber daisy. They are in my front yard and just blossomed about a week ago. I tell Ryan how happy I am when I look at them. They are just so bright and cheerful. There is also a picture of Nyah wearing Ryan's hat and pushing a laundry basket. She has decided she likes his hats and she still loves pushing laundry baskets.

Nyah is being as cute as ever. She has been pointing to her eyes and toes for a long time but also knows where her nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, hands and feet are now. She is also starting to correctly identify things when we read her stories. We can ask where different animals are and she usually points to the right one.

We took her swimming last weekend because it was cold and rainy all weekend and two days of being inside is a long time when you are 16 months old. :) We tried a different rec center because the one we usually goes to was being worked on. It was a good thing because we found a new favorite pool. It had a fun slide for her and a big jungle gym to climb on. The water was warmer and there was even a lazy river. We had lots of fun. We need to go again this weekend and I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

Ryan is going to be starting on a big project. He has decided to build (yes that is correct - not put together from a kit but actually build) Nyah a swingset. That will keep him busy for the next few weeks.

By the way, turns out that when Ryan got that bruise on his leg he was actually trying to flip another canoe, not help them. That's quite a different story. :)

We have been watching Olympics in our spare time. We haven't had much spare time though so our DVR is just full of them. We might be watching them for weeks to come after the Olympics are already over. There are so many events I enjoy watching.

I'll attach a video at the end of Nyah dancing for Ryan one night when I was at Enrichment night. She dances at the beginning and then gets distracted with her toys. Then I also kept the part where she gets out her legos and dumps them all out. That is one of her favorite things to do. She loves her daddy and has him fully wrapped around her little finger.

We hope all is going well for all of you!

6 comments:

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

Oh my goodness! She is so fun! And I seriously cannot believe how big she is. She isn't a baby anymore. I loved the update. Ryan, I also love that you got your bruise trying to tip another canoe over. Hate to be the one to say it, but it sounds as though you probably deserved it. :) Talk to you guys later.

Roberts Family said...

Nyah is so cute! Little girls are so much fun. I love that innocent stage. Adri is getting to be more in the naughty-not-so-innocent-stage! Enjoy it while it lasts! Sounds like carma for Ryan!

Dawna said...

What a cutie!

Shari Baker said...

Nyah is so great and has such a fun little personality. I love the pics of her with the little pig tails and bows in her hair. Good work! She is so cute as she dances around. What a doll!

WeBeR FaM said...

Your little girl is so cute! It is a lot of fun to keep in touch through blogs! It looks like you guys are doing really good.

Shanda said...

SO CUTE! I'm excited for our girls to play at the reunion next year! I loved all the pictures- kids are so fun, they give us a break from real life...