Saturday, November 6, 2010

Trip to Idaho

I decided to take a trip to Idaho while I was on maternity leave.  I figured I should take advantage of the time I already had off work so I packed up the kids (and a lot of stuff) and headed to Idaho.  Ryan tells me I take everything including the "kitchen sink" these days, but you never know what you're going to need when traveling with kids.  Plus I took the Tahoe so I had plenty of room!  The kids did great on the drive.  I'm very blessed that my kiddos do so great in the car.  We took lots of stops but we weren't in any big hurry and it went well.

We had lots of fun in Idaho.  Below are pictures of some of the things we did.  I mostly just enjoyed hanging out with family.  One of the nights, we got together with lots of extended family at the park and it was great to see everybody.  Some how I didn't take any pictures but I really enjoyed it.

We had the chance to just hang out and spend time together which is the best part.

Here is a super cute picture I love of Jana, Nyah and Ryker.  I love the sunglasses Nyah has on and this is a very typical picture of Nyah.  She's such a happy kid and has tons of energy.

The next one is a great one of Shari and Ryker when we went to Boise to see Shari.  Lisa and Hallie also came with us so that was lots of fun.  Nyah and Hallie chose to spend a lot of the time fighting so they actually rode in different rows in the Tahoe on the way home - kids!


We went on a picnic to Justice park one evening.  What a great tradition.  We actually just took sandwiches and then took up the stuff to make S'mores.  We had lots of fun and the kids did great.  I love sitting by a camp fire.


All of the rest of the pictures are of a boating trip to American Falls. When we got there, people were commenting that they had never seen the water so great this season.  Well by the time they launched the boat to getting it over to the marina, it had changed drastically and there were huge waves and lots of wind.  Hanna and Jana still braved it and were able to ski but the others decided it wasn't worth it with such crazy water.  Lisa was a good sport and took the two little girls "tubing".  Nyah loved it - even with the waves.



Hanging out on the beach


And this picture is to document Lisa was pregnant since I don't have very many pictures of her pregnant.  You can barely even tell she's pregnant in this picture...


And Dad and Aaron made the best of the situation and decided to build sand castles (with some help from the little girls).  I was quite impressed with the results.


Aaron didn't want to "pose" with his castle but here it is. 



It is always fun to see family.  Thanks for the fun times and the memories.

3 comments:

Danette Ricks said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! What wonderful pictures!

Anonymous said...

that was such a fun trip! So glad you came to Idaho. Love you. :D Jana

Shari Baker said...

Yay! Love family time and so glad that you took the time to come to Boise even if it was a quick trip. It appears as though Nyah is enjoying the tube ride more than Hallie did. She got to accomplish something she was going to do "someday". I totally missed out on the sand castle fun!