Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Big Girl Bedroom

So we decided to turn our spare bedroom into Nyah's bedroom so the nursery will be available for the baby. Nyah has always been in the crib and has never tried to "escape" so we had just left her in that room. However, once we mentioned her having a big girl bed and a new room, she was super excited. We picked out the comforter and then had to move on to paint colors. I am not a decorator by any means. First of all, I'm not any good at it. Second of all, I don't even like it (those two comments are perhaps linked). I wish I had lots and lots of money and then I would just pay somebody to come and do all of the designing and they could do the painting as well. :) Having said that, I really did end up liking the end result.

We kind of put ourselves in a tight spot trying to get it done before Nyah's birthday and before Ryan's mom and sister came to town. The first picture is of Nyah sitting in front of the computer with a pillow and blankets watching cartoons. Since we had to work on it every evening after work, she had to entertain herself quite a bit.

This next picture is when she decided she REALLY wanted to help! She kept coming into the bedroom, and I'm afraid she doesn't really understand the concept of wet paint. She kept bumping into things and getting paint on herself. It was too funny. I did help her paint for a bit though so she could be part of the action. She was so excited to be involved. What a cutie.
Following is the end result of her new room.

She is loving her new bedroom. There have definitely been some challenges with this additional "freedom" at bedtime, but she's adjusting well. Plus she has done really well considering she has been in her new room for about 3 weeks and has "shared" her room for almost 10 of those days. She stayed in her "old bedroom" so her room could be a guest bedroom again. We sure love this little girl!

6 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

SOOOO Cute!!!!!

Heather said...

It is so cute! I LOVE the painting. For not enjoying decorating, you did such an amazing job. It definitely looks like a "big girl" room!

Anonymous said...

Her room turned out very cute! Good Job!

Shari Baker said...

It's SO Cute!!! You did an excellent job. I couldn't have done any better myself (although I would have enjoyed the process a bit more than you I think). How exciting to be in the preparation stages of that new little baby boy! Love you!

A said...

Don't know what u mean about not being good at decorating- Her room is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd heard about her big girl room but WOW...IT IS AMAZING, IT'S NO WONDER THAT SHE LOVES IT!!! SO MUCH WORK BUT WORTH IT WHEN IT TURNS OUT WONDERFUL!