Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year!

We hope everybody is having a happy new year. I love the start of a new year and the opportunity to reflect and set some new year's resolutions on things I would like to focus on during 2008. Happy 2008!

I'm attaching a video of Nyah crawling. She is definitely getting around pretty well these days. Since we recorded this video, she is crawling "normally" instead of the cute little "army crawl" you will see in the video. We'll have to give you an update next week. She is also starting to pull herself up but lucky for us is only pulling herself up to her knees so far. It's amazing what curiosity prompts her to do as she explores everything around her.

She had a big day with her 9-month check-up (no shots although she had the hemoglobin test and was not a fan). At her doctor appointment he said she has bronchitis and we're hoping the drugs will start kicking in so she can get feeling better soon. She's been a little trooper though.

Then we also had pictures taken yesterday. You will see there is a bruise under her left eye. She was being curious at day care and hit her head against the shelf trying to get a toy. They called Ryan during the day to say what had happened and he waited to tell me until he had seen it and knew how bad it was. He said he didn't want me to worry (who me worry?). That was very nice of him but I told him he has to tell me next time. Isn't worrying part of the deal with parenting? :) I was relieved to see that is wasn't too bad though.

Well, that's the update for this week. I'm going to try to start updating this on Sundays so it's a little more regular. Have a great week!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so good! and so big! I was really excited to see some of her new pics on the blog. She is adorable! I don't even think I can see her bruise, maybe Aaron needs a bigger computer screen. Perhaps if you update your blog weekly, I can at least do ours monthly. :) Love you guys!

Lisa